Welcome to The Center for Implementation
Our mission is to accelerate the application of theory and evidence-informed change methods to improve outcomes. We accomplish this by drawing on best approaches from implementation science, and making these approaches accessible and meaningful to those working in health, public health, and social services.
Implementation, Spread, and Scale
Enrollment for Implementation, Spread, and Scale is now open until April 8. This comprehensive 8-module course on how to plan for implementation, spread, and scale will help you:
- Describe the key roles in the implementation system.
- Understand and describe the role of implementation teams, implementation supports and the need for effective team and inter-organizational functioning.
- Assess readiness, organizational fit, and the implementation context.
- Plan for adaptations and sustainability.
- Think about implementation from a systems perspective.
Enrollment opens every March.
Implementing Change Community (ICC)
The Implementing Change Community is our new membership initiative. It's our implementation practice community — a space for learning and discussion on implementation.
Whether you’re an experienced and trained implementer; a new/novice implementer or implementation support practitioner; an intermediary, funder, or researcher; or a graduate student — we want to welcome you in!
Through the Implementing Change Community, we want you to go from feeling isolated, stuck, and confused to feeling confident, supported, and productive in moving your implementation work forward.
Become a founding member of the Implementing Change Community today.
Doors are open!
Inspiring Change 2.0
This FREE mini-course providing a high level overview on how to create impact with evidence-based implementation
Inspiring Change will help you:
- Understand what evidence-based implementation is and how to proactively plan for change.
- Discover how process models, theories, and frameworks can be the backbone of your change plan.
- Be inspired to use behavior change theory.
- Be more purposeful with your time, by addressing high-priority areas and anticipating resistance to change.
- Learn simple tips and tricks that can set you up for success.
Enroll today for free!
Proactively Planning for Adaptations
Note: The live presentation has passed but you can still join us to attend a live Q&A session, view the presentation recording, and receive the event workbook.
Get ready for a deep dive into Adaptations! We will be facilitating this special virtual event on Tuesday, February 23, 2021 from 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM ET where we will guide you through a specific process on how to effectively and proactively plan for adaptations.
- We’ll provide you with a clear step-by-step roadmap on how to plan for adaptations that integrates and incorporates multiple adaptation frameworks that you can immediately apply to your intervention. We have pulled from the evidence and the frameworks so you don't have to (but can if you want to - since we will share a great reading list).
- You’ll receive concrete and practical guidance on how to monitor adaptations as they are happening.
- Plus, you’ll learn how to understand the potential impact of these adaptations on outcomes so you can balance adaptations and outcomes (i.e., avoid adaptations that are likely to reduce the effectiveness of your intervention).
Tickets are available for $175 USD / $230 CAD. For members in the Implementing Change Community, the cost of admission is included in your membership fee.
Designing for Implementation
Enrollment for Designing for Implementation will open in October 2021. This 6-week, self-paced online course comprehensively guides you through the process of designing interventions using theories, models, frameworks, and best practices and approaches in implementation science.
In this intensive course, you will:
- Understand how to apply key process models, theories, and frameworks to your design and planning efforts.
- Learn how to clearly define you problem, and how to build an effective implementation intervention to target this problem.
- Gain insight on how to build interventions with sustainability in mind.
- Develop an implementation evaluation plan.
- Apply what you have learned to your own work, so that you can see the impact of your learning right away.
Enrollment opens again in October 2021.